The first thing I wish to say is a huge THANK YOU for taking part in this observational research. I understand that you are already stretched to the limits, and remembering to administer strange white pillules at the correct times is no mean feat…
As we come to the end of the first batch of participants, many parents are contacting me wanting to know what I would like in terms of feedback, and also, ‘what next?‘ in terms of onward treatment options.
Let’s start with the first part:
PARENTAL FEEDBACK FOLLOWING THE DETOX COURSE
PART 1: WRITTEN OBSERVATIONS:
Because this is an early investigative, ‘qualitative’ style of research, I am simply looking for parental accounts of any and all observations that occurred during and after the detox. If you could write a paragraph or 2 detailing observations, that would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a list of the kind of reactions that may have occurred either during or after detox. Please read through the list, and then write your account, using the list as a memory aid.
POSSIBLE PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Changes in bowel movements
- Coughs, sore throats, tonsillitis, ear infections
- Runny nose, increase in catarrh
- Increased sweating
- Increased urination and thirst
- Changes in energy levels
- Lung complaints: asthmatic breathing
- Appetite changes
- Increase in tic behaviours
POSSIBLE BEHAVIOURAL CHANGES
- Increased irritability / anger / biting / tantrums / self-injurious behaviours etc
- Calmer / fewer angry outbursts
- Increase in creative play / interest in outside world / curiosity / spontaneous play
- Increase in vocalisation sounds
- Increase in obsessive behaviours, stimming, hand-flapping, head banging
- Changes in attention span – either better or worse
- More adventurous appetite – trying new foods
- Improvement in fine motor control
- Increased interaction with caregiver
- Noise sensitivity – either better or worse
- Eye contact – either better or worse
- Sudden shifts in development – e.g. dressing self, continence etc.
- Change in anxiety levels – either better or worse.
- Regression to old behaviours
Please feel free to add your own observations that do not appear in this list. Any and all things that occurred to you are gratefully received.
PART 2: THE ATEC SCORE
For parents that completed an ATEC test at intake, I would be very grateful if you could retake the test, giving the new score. This is a more quantitative measure, which may be useful when trying to discuss the possibilities of Homeopathic Detox Therapy in the wider healthcare community.
If your child responded to the first course of treatment, you may be wondering what else homeopathy may offer your child, in order to continue their journey to health. I would also add that if they did not respond, this may be because there is a ‘block’ somewhere in the case history. The most common one emerging from early responders is a sometimes overlooked steroidal exposure – e.g. daily use of nasal sprays which parents may not have even realised where steroid-based.
Think of your child’s health as a timeline of events. Vaccinations were just one of many adverse events that led them to the picture of chronic ill-health which they are currently dealing with. Other common ‘events’ include:
- overuse of antibiotics
- steroid exposure
- hormonal exposure
- other medications
- unresolved viruses or bacterial infections, due to a distorted immune response (e.g. chicken pox, mumps, herpes simplex, strep, staph etc.)
- exposure to plastics (and consequent hormonal unbalance) from feeding bottles etc.
- vaccinations during pregnancy
- dental work during pregnancy
See here for a full checklist of possible toxic exposures.
If you book in for treatment, during the initial consultation, we will go over the checklist, and create a timeline.
I will then assess the case history, and decide which exposures were the most likely ‘tipping points’ for your child’s health. We will then systematically detox these exposures, whilst taking care to support your child in terms of more classical homeopathy, alongside a sensible (but not extreme) diet – ie., one that doesn’t create stress for parents, or a sense of isolation due to the long list of exclusions.
We will also consider supplements – my views around this are generally less is more. We want to unpick the ROOT CAUSE of the health issues, not spend a lifetime (and a whole heap of money) buying mountains of supplements. Please read my blog post on the subject for further information.
Please refer to my FEES page for a full breakdown of treatment costs.
I am greatly encouraged by the early accounts that are coming in in from this project. My long-term plan will be to publish the parental accounts in a full report (anonymously of course), as we start to build a body of clinical knowledge on this kind of treatment. The potential is limitless, but we need to start systematically learning how to apply it in order to get good results, more of the time.
Please email me (email@example.com) with your post-detox accounts, ATEC scores, any further questions, or enquiries about ongoing treatment.